The Chinese Quest continue to plot their great new adventure (yes, we are going to keep you guessing for now). As they schemed this evening at a super secret location tucked behind the main road in their adopted home town, and whilst meeting, they supped on some take-out food from Bo Bo Kitchen.
Bo Bo Kitchen delivered, but if you want to go pick up your food yourself, you can find them at:
285 Warner Ave.
Roslyn Heights, NY 11577
We were joined this evening by our fast-becoming-Sixth Mee, Mee Har Vee, and my little Mini Mee.
We ordered the following dishes:
- Spare Ribs – meaty, yes; tasty, so so. Sorry Bo Bo, these weren’t our favorite ribs. They lacked some, hmm, what do you call that stuff? Ah so, yes, BBQ sauce. They needed some more flavor.
- Kung Pao Chicken – we asked for it mild. It was. It was ok. But, kind of unmemorable. And didn’t have a lot of chicken in the dish if memory serves me correctly.
- Steamed Dumplings – at the bequest of Mini Mee. He liked them. There were none left of the rest of us. On our rating scale, he gave them a three (0-lowest to 5-highest, for those who don’t remember). Did I mention that the Kung Pao Chicken was unmemorable? I forgot if I did.
- String Beans in Garlic Sauce – actually was one of my favorite of the dishes. The string beans were still nice and crispy, and had a nice flavor. Perhaps a little too much on the sauce, but it worked. I wouldn’t have been able to eat a lot of them, but I liked what I ate.
- Roast Pork w/Snow Peas – The pork was dry (what kind of REALLY bad Jews were we this evening?? It IS still in the middle of Passover, and we’re eating pork [Ed. Note: Mee Gonzi Biao was there, but being observant, did not eat anything]. Call us Heathens; Call us anything you like; But, please don’t call us late for dinner. Oh, and don’t go serving this dish). The snow peas were good though! Odd, for someone like Mee, who’s doesn’t always like his veggies, it was the veggies that resonated most mellifluously for this Mee.
- Shrimp w/Black Bean Sauce – The shrimps were jumbo. Succulent. Good. I don’t remember much else about this dish.
- Hot and Sour Soup for V. Stoogas. He didn’t try it, so we can’t rate it.
- Wonton Soup – A throw in I guess for the size of our order. That too sat unopened. Partially because there were no soup bowls nor spoons. Not Bo Bo’s fault; but a fault of our environment.
They didn’t pack any fortune cookies with our order, so your destiny, and fortune, are in your own hands. That’s best where they should be. Go forth. Live. Prosper. Eat lots of Chinese food. If you’re looking for Chinese take-out food, Bo Bo Kitchen wasn’t the worst. And it wasn’t the best. It was So So.
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
–Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)
738 total views, 164 views today