Share this on...
The Questie, “The Best of the Quest“
Mee Tsu Yan’s speech (2/19/2015):
On behalf of The Chinese Quest and my fellow Mee’s, I would like to announce the five best dishes of 2014. These coveted awards would not be possible without the hard work, and delicate palates, of my fellow Quester’s.
On a personal note, I would like to say that this Quest has become a much anticipated evening for Mee every month, and I consider all of the men sitting at this table to be a true friend. I would like to take this time to introduce the quality men of The Chinese Quest:
- Paul Trause aka Mee V. Stoogas
- Harun Hassouni aka Mee Yong Joo
- Mike Grossberg aka Mee Gonzi Biao
- Myself, Rob Laser aka Mee Tsu Yan
- And a special mention to Lonnie Goldman aka Mee Magnum. Without Lonnie, this saga would simply not exist. His tireless, and thoughtful reviews, and funny anecdotes are the very backbone of what has become The Chinese Quest.
- Also, not in attendance tonight, but the very future of this magnificent Quest, I would like to recognize Mini Mee, the Dumpling King!
So now without further ado, I would like to present the Questie awards of 2014, “The best of the Quest”:
- Paul has chosen Chinese Watercress with Shrimp – And the award goes to “Green Leaf“, Port Washington, NY
- Mike has chosen Sliced Beef in Fresh Hot Pepper – And the award goes to “Spicy & Tasty“, Flushing, NY
- Harun has chosen Port Washington Fried Rice – And the award goes to “Green Leaf“, Port Washington, NY
- Rob has chosen Red Snapper – And the award goes to “Moonstone“, Great Neck, NY
- Lonnie has chosen Pan Fried Rack of Lamb with Honey & Pepper Sauce – And the award goes to “Pine Court Chinese Bistro“, Little Neck, NY
(Show the unfinished award) Like everything else in my life, I did not get a chance to finish the design of the plaques, but I will someday!
Congratulations to all of the award winners this evening!
God bless everyone in this room, and God bless the USA!!!
Fast forward two months (4/15/2015):
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)