Share this on...
As if you needed an excuse to go out for Chinese food. Ever! Well, in case you DO need one, may we help you out and give you the following 30 excuses, err reasons, to take the family out for Chinese food on each of these Holidays. And if you’re looking for a Chinese restaurant to try, may we suggest checking out our unbiased reviews of Chinese restaurants? Or, to cut straight to the chase, and try the best…. consult our Official Rankings of Chinese restaurants on Long Island and New York City.
By day of the month of November 2014, here are your reasons to go out for Chinese food on:
- All Saint’s Day
- All Soul’s Day
- Housewife’s Day
- King Tut Day and U.S. General Election Day
- Gunpowder Day
- Marooned without a Compass Day
- Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- Cook Something Bold Day – May we suggest something Szechuan style?
- Chaos Never Dies Day – you’ve got that right!
- Forget-Me-Not Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Day (I will have to find out when Wonton Soup for the Soul Day is)
- Sadie Hawkins Day & World Kindness Day
- World Diabetes Day & Operating Room Nurse Day
- Clean Your Refrigerator Day – Yes, my motto is “once a year, whether it needs it or not!” and National Philanthropy Day – Treat a friend to Chinese food!
- Button Day
- Electronic Greeting Card Day – now who do you think created this day!?
- Occult Day
- Have a Bad Day Day – Keep your distance!
- Absurdity Day – Seriously. I can’t make this stuff up! It’s also the Great American Smokeout and Universal Children’s Day!
- False Confession Day – Ha!
- Go For a Ride Day
- Eat a Cranberry Day & National Cashew Day
- A NO Holiday Day Day – How did Hallmark miss this date??
- National Parfait Day
- Shopping Reminder Day – Like the TV and Newspaper ads would let us forget??
- Thanksgiving Day – Eat, drink, and be thankful.
- Black Friday. It’s also Buy Nothing Day – always the day after Thanksgiving…does anyone abide by it!?!
- Square Dance Day
- Stay At Home Because You Are Well Day – I’m looking forward to that day!!
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)