Share this on...
I know I’ve been having some very weird dreams lately, but I must say that what I conjured up in my dreams last night could be a huge hit! The World Series is over. The local football teams are all but eliminated already. Basketball just started. Hockey? Umm, does anyone really care? We need something to stoke those competitive fires in us all. In my dreams I conjured up the seeds, which have now germinated in to a brilliant idea…. If I say so myself!
It’s kind of like a Survival pool (in more ways than one)… It’s a way to open your mind and your palate… What is it? It’s The Chinese Quest Challenge!
The rules are extremely easy. Anyone can enter. Anyone can win. But, do you have the stomach to endure the challenge? This is clearly not for the faint of heart. Intrigued yet? I hope so!! For entries are going to open soon. The Chinese Quest Challenge will start on March 1, 2015 and run for a period of 31 days. So, you better reserve your spot now. Even though entries are not limited. But, I do have to figure out a way to monitor this so I can post standings, etc. The prize still hasn’t been determined. Yet. We still have time to figure that out. We are open to suggestions though. No reasonable suggestion will be ignored. We’ll even acknowledge your suggestions in a future post as we get closer to the start of the Challenge.
- A desire to succeed and compete
- A strong stomach
- A real love for Chinese food
- Have easy access to a Chinese restaurant
Without further ado, here are the very simple rules:
- The contest will start on March 1, 2015.
- EVERY day during the month of March 2015, you will eat the food corresponding to the item number on the Chinese restaurant take-out menu. You don’t have to eat at the same Chinese restaurant every day, but you MUST eat the item associated with the day of the month on the take-out menu of the restaurant you do eat from. For example, using the menu at the right (click it to enlarge), on March 1st you would eat Fried Crabmeat Rangoon; On March 2nd you would eat Steamed or Fried Dumpling. If you make it all the way to March 31st you’ll eat Shrimp Angel Hair / Chow Fun. Of course, your menu may vary, and that’s ok!
- It must be Chinese food.
- You must email what you ate that day before midnight that night.
- Miss one day and you’re out.
- Last person standing wins.
- In the event of a tie, a tie breaker will be announced before the start of the contest.
Who’s got the stomach to take on this challenge?
Why did we wait until March? Well, November not only starts in two days, but there’s Thanksgiving, and we don’t want to interrupt any family traditions. Same goes for December, with Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, and Festivus. January? New Year. Perhaps. But, you’ll need focus, and not a hangover, to start a contest of this ilk. February has Valentine’s Day. Which leads us to March. What does March have? March Madness of course! And, this contest will just add to the insanity!!
If you’d like to enter please post a comment, or use the “Contact Us” page and write that you’re registering for The Chinese Quest Challenge!
Chop sticks at the ready! Game on!!
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)