‘Twas the week of Thanksgiving, and all through the land, Mother’s were prepping for the big feast. Rather than making it the same old way, why not give it a try, Chinese Quest style, at least? We have ruffled enough feathers for sure over the last few years, it’s time to make amends. So to one, and to all, we bring you this treat. A new special Turkey recipe for all your family and friends!
Recipe for General Tso‘s TURKEY
And it’s low carb to boot! You’re sure to give a hoot! It’s tasty and delish. So why not go all out, and have a knish as a side dish!
- Turkey breast meat, 1.5 lbs, fresh, skinless, boned
- Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar, 2 tsp
- Ginger, ground, 1 tsp
- Cornstarch, 1 tsp
- Orange Peel, 1 tbsp
- Pepper, black, 1 dash
- Sesame Oil, 1 tsp
- 4 Sweet Red Bell Pepper, fresh, 1 medium, chopped
- 4 baby carrots, chopped
- Dried Minced Onion, 1 tsp
- Hot Chili Peppers, 2 pepper
- Splenda, 4 tsp
- Canola Oil, 3 Tbsp
Night before –
- Cut into Turkey Breast in to 2″ long strips.
- Mix next 7 ingredients in an air-tight bowl.
- Add turkey strips.
- Marinate overnight.
Next day –
- Chop 1 Red Bell Pepper, 3-4 small carrots and place in bowl with Dried Minced Onion.
- Using a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to 350 degrees.
- Put vegetables in Wok after the oil is hot.
- Stir regularly for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the temperature up to 400 degrees and add the rest of the oil and then add all of the meat mixture and marinade.
- Cook 10 minutes – Turn down the temperature if necessary.
- Add Splenda to taste.
Serve with brown rice. Or, white rice!
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)