Share this on...
Chinese culture has made a huge impact on the western world, with many people adopting elements of the lifestyle and enjoying the health benefits of traditional Chinese food and drink. There are a number of fascinating meals and beverages that originate from ancient Chinese history, however none is more beautiful than a cup of Chinese flower tea.
The flowers tea are traditionally sourced from the Yunnan, a province of China found in the southwest of the country. The province itself is particularly mountainous and is home to the largest diversity of flora in the whole of China. This is why the flowers for this delicate tea tend to come from the area – flower species such as jasmine, lily, hibiscus and chrysanthemum thrive in the region and all contribute to this flavorful tea.
Health Benefits of Chinese Flower Tea
The health benefits of flower tea are numerous. The tea is full of antioxidant properties, can prevent stress, aid weight loss, boost vitality and even help decrease the risk of developing cancer. These are just a few of the reasons. One of the major health benefits of flower or flowering tea is that these teas are devoid of caffeine. Therefore, one does not suffer from any side effects associated with caffeine on having this tea. However, note that though pure flower teas have no caffeine flower green teas do contain caffeine. Following is a list of other health benefits associated with flower tea.
- Herbal flower tea or flower tea mixed with green tea is believed to have a calming effect on the body and mind.
- Chrysanthemum tea is good for the eyes and has a soothing effect on them.
- Flower tea containing jasmine is beneficial for proper digestion.
- Flower teas also contain immune enhancing agents and hence, are helpful for keeping infectious diseases like the common cold and flu at bay.
- Flowering tea helps reduce blood pressure and also aids in prevention of heart diseases.
- The hibiscus flower tea is particularly beneficial for lowering high blood pressure.
- Many weight loss programs advise people to have herbal and green tea as they help in burning off fat. Flower tea is no exception!
- Lastly, it is also believed that flower tea is rich in vitamins and minerals, and hence helps in improving the overall health.
Karina Garcia is sales manager of JK Tea Shop, authentic Chinese Loose Leaf tea supplier.
For more information, please visit their website at: jkteashop.com
The Chinese Quest welcomes original articles pertaining to the Chinese dining experience. Your article should pertain to Chinese restaurants, Chinese food, recipes, etc. For more information, please contact us.