Chinese Microwave Fish Recipe
It’s not every day that we get to eat out at the world’s finest Chinese restaurants. Sometimes we just have to stay home and eat dinner the old fashioned way. Preparing it ourselves. I love a good healthy fish dish and it’s not very often that I come across a recipe that will allow me to prepare fish in my microwave oven. And when it’s a Chinese dish, well, I just had to share it! A microwave fish recipe. Who knew? I can’t wait to try it! Better yet, how about YOU try it and let me know how it is? 😉
Here is a quick easy Chinese microwave oven fish (cod) recipe. [MM: The fish in the picture is not cod, nor is it representative of the ingredients, nor preparation of this dish… It is however a microwave oven. It is also the only picture I could take at this time]. In this recipe I use the cod fillet, but you can apply the method to all kinds of fish. I love a good flexible recipe. It assures me of a new taste sensation every time I try it… or for whatever fish I can find on sale at the market!
Apparently, as I have learned, using the microwave oven is very easy for cooking the fish, particularly for fish like cod or salmon fillets, because they are soft and not easy to fry like is usually done in most other Chinese cooking. And as an added benefit, using the microwave oven, is much healthier than frying.
Prep: five minutes Cook: five minutes
- 2 Cod fillets
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese chilli bean paste
- Chinese black beans
- Spring onions
- Cut cod fillet into chunks, roughly one and half inch wide. Cut ginger into thin slices and chop the spring onions.
- If prefer, you may use some salt and light soy sauce to marinate the fish for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
- Place the ingredients (Chinese chilli bean paste, black beans and gingers) in a non-metal oven dish. Add one table spoon oil.
- 2 minutes (based on a 700 watt Microwave oven). You may need to adjust the time according to your microwave power. This allows the ingredients to be cooked first, which is similar to traditional Chinese cooking where you would fry the ingredients before cooking the meat.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, take them out from the microwave oven. Notice how nice it smells! Yum Yum!!
- Mix the fish with the ingredients so the fish is coated by the chilli bean sauces.
- Put the fish into the microwave oven, cover with a lid or film, for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, take them out. Add spring onions on the top.
- If you prefer the spring onions to be cooked, you may put them back to the oven to cook for one more minute. Once it is done, serve at once.
Please let us know how yours came out!
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)