Honey, what’s for dinner? Well tonight, we brought Chinese food in. No, NOT take-out. We made our own. Technically speaking, Mee Wen Dee did. I merely took the pictures and enjoyed a most delicious dinner of Beef and Noodle Stir-Fry.
Beef and Noodle Stir-Fry
- 12 oz Lo Mein Noodles (Or whatever you can find. Pasta is pasta, right?)
- 10 oz Strip Steak
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cup chopped Red Onions
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 12 oz Bell Peppers (We used all red, but you can use red, green, and yellow too!)
- 12 oz Snow Peas (We couldn’t find any in the supermarket, but hey, when you’re hungry, sometimes you just have to make do with what you have!)
1. Cook the noodles for about five minutes, or until al dente.
2. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
3. While the noodles are cooking, slice the steak against the grain in to very thin strips.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet and stir-fry the steak for two minutes.
5. Remove from skillet and set aside.
6. Add the remaining oil and red onions to the pan and stir-fry for one minute.
7. Add the garlic, peppers, snow peas, hoisin, and soy sauce and stir-fry for an additional two minutes.
8. Add the noodles and steak and stir fry for another two minutes.
Tips: Cook using VERY high heat. Use a wok if you have one. And, use as many prepared ingredients as possible!
Bringing it all together (turn the volume up to hear the sizzle!)
Humbly submitted for your consumption,
—Mee Magnum (“Chop! Chop!”)